Sessions generally run 45-50 minutes in length. My fee is $150 per session with a sliding scale based on income.
Cash, check and credit cards are accepted. All fees are due on the day that services are rendered. If you need to cancel an appointment please cancel within 24 hours. Appointments that are not canceled within the 24 hour cancellation time will be charged a $50 fee.
Remember that this is absolutely an investment in YOU and your relationships.
You have a responsibility to thoughtfully consider what your emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being is worth.
Rhiannon Martin, LMFT currently paneled with Cigna, Optum, and Tricare West. However, you may use out-of-network benefits if you have a PPO. The way this works is you would pay for your session, and we would provide you with a statement containing all the necessary information to submit to the insurance company, who would then reimburse you directly.
We suggest you contact your insurance company directly and ask the following questions:
- Does my plan have out-of-network benefits? If so, what are they?
- Specifically, do I have mental health benefits?
- How much is covered?
- Do I need pre-approval?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How often do I need to submit claims and how long does it take to receive reimbursement?
Why self pay vs. insurance …
- When you file with insurance your provider is required to give you a diagnosis. This diagnosis will remain in your file as part of your medical records for the rest of your life. With self pay this is not necessary.
- Insurance companies dictate the amount of sessions allowed and in some cases deny therapy services if the diagnosis is deemed not necessary per the insurance carrier.
- Insurance companies rarely pay the full session fee . When the insurance does not pay the full session fee, the client is typically responsible for the difference between what the clinician charges and what the insurance may pay. In addition to this, if the claim is denied for any reason than the client is responsible for the payment of services rendered. And if your therapist does not charge the difference, this means that they are providing this service at less than what is the fair market wage .
- if it is just not possible to pay out-of-pocket let me know and I will do my best to help you find a good therapist that is in network with your insurance. There are also low-cost clinics that I can help connect you with.
Your time is reserved especially for you! In order to provide premium services and availability to clients in need, please give at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel an appointment, otherwise you are responsible for the payment of the session.